EVENT POSTPONED – Celebrating 30 Years!!
This event has been postponed. We will update you when details are available.
Remembering the past, assessing the present, envisioning the future of Race Relations in our community.
Donations are Welcome – Refreshments will be served.
Subscribe to People to People Email
Stay informed about our latest efforts by subscribing to our email newsletter!
Based in Newport News, PEOPLE to PEOPLE, is a grassroots organization committed to race relations, diversity, and quality of life for all. Our mission is to improve race relations in our community by:
- Fostering understanding of the role and impact of race in our daily lives and in our community
- Discussing and understanding diverse perspectives
- Learning from each other and from shared experiences
- Building diverse connections and relationships
Our goals are that PEOPLE to PEOPLE will:
- Be a safe place for dialogue
- Reflect our community
- Use various platforms to motivate community involvement, thinking, learning, and building partnerships
- Advocate on significant issues without engaging in partisanship and personal attacks
Cleon Long – Co-Chair
Elva Hunt – Co-Chair
Alan Altschuler – Treasurer
Denise Counce – Secretary
Dr. Elva Hunt
Paula L. Bazemore